By Greg Mercer
Founder & CEO of Jungle Scout and 8-figure Amazon seller
Published: Oct 21, 2020
Last modified: Dec 10, 2020
Selling products online is a great way to start a business and make money.
And if you’re going to sell anywhere, it should be on Amazon. Fortunately, the Amazon market is massive, and it’s growing more than ever as people shift to shopping online for almost any type of product.
- 90% of U.S. consumers have shopped on Amazon, and 65% shop on Amazon at least monthly.
- 121.3 million Americans are Amazon Prime members.
- In 2019, more than half of Amazon’s $280 billion revenue was fueled by its third-party sellers.
You can become a seller with Amazon’s Fulfillment-by-Amazon (FBA) program. With FBA, you simply send your products directly to Amazon’s warehouses. Amazon then stores the inventory, and when you get an order, Amazon ships your product to the customer (through 2-day Prime shipping), and Amazon manages all customer support.
Is it really that simple? Yes! If you find the right product and commit some time and effort to caring for your business, you can make tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars per year by selling on Amazon — even as a new seller.
So, how does it all work?
How to sell on Amazon FBA: The basics
- Amazon business model options
- Private label overview
- The Amazon fulfillment process
What to sell on Amazon
- Step-by-step product research
- Criteria for best-selling products
- Top Amazon product categories
How to source products for FBA
- Source high-quality suppliers
- Evaluate product samples
- Order inventory for Amazon
How to list a product on Amazon
- Keyword research
- Product listing must-haves
- Seller Central navigation
How to launch a product on Amazon
- Amazon’s Best Seller Rank
- Product reviews
- Promotion strategies
Advanced seller strategies to grow your business
- Expanding your business
- Listing and advertising optimization
- Inventory management